The Good and the Bad

Bad things happen to people you don’t like. Not people you hate, just people you don’t care for. They are struck with tragedy and then you realize that they are only human. Human like you. Your human empathy is touched.

I am grateful for the things that have recently been stressing me. I have homework, tests, and schedules. And others have mounting bills, pink slips, and time to worry.
I am grateful for the things that I can improve. I have some extra weight, bad skin, and heartburn.
Others have pain, suffering, and terminal illnesses.

Bad things happen to good people. Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people. Good things happen to bad people. And we never think good things happen to good people.
Some people are better while others need help getting there.
It is our humanity which makes us good and what we do with it that makes us better.
Take not the time to mourn. But rather take inventory of what there is to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment